Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

6/1/10

Is Anyone There?

It's been a long time since I published a post. I've written-but haven't really felt confident enough to hit that publish button. Maybe I won't this time either, but I just have to have an outlet right now. I just need to feel like someone's there for me. I've prayed a lot about the feelings and thoughts I've been having. I KNOW He listens.

My father left my mother last week. She woke up and he was gone. How do you walk away after 32 years of marriage? Not even a backwards glance. Just there one day and gone the next. I know I'm married and living my own life but I'm really upset about him leaving. I just don't understand him. I think he's being selfish. He hasn't called any of us. He's forgotten he has children and grandchildren that love him. He doesn't care that we are floored by his actions. He doesn't want to own his responsibilities anymore. He doesn't want us in his life. It angers me. It hurts me. He's hurting my girls. They don't understand why he left. They don't understand why he doesn't want to see them anymore. They don't understand why he's living with another woman who is not their grandmother. I can't help them understand because I don't understand it either. The fact is, daddy's do walk out, husband's do walk away. We don't have to like it or understand it. We just have to learn to accept it. He doesn't want us to be his family anymore. He wants to start over. He wants to move on. He's walked away and left mom not sure of what to do. Broke, and soon to be homeless. She's legally blind and can't even drive. He's left his 3 grown children to pick up the pieces while he enjoys himself-carefree. He's patting himself on the back right now. I'd like to knock him over the head.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. I... don't even have words to tell you how sorry I am. My biological mother walked out on us when I was a kid; I know how puzzling it is, wondering WHY.

    I'll be thinking of you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. I can't even think of anything to say. Just know that I am always here to listen. sending love and hugs and prayers your way

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also am speechless. In a few short days I will be there to give you a hug in person, but until then, you will have to just hear me say, "Hugs to all." I'm sure you know that it is not your fault that he walked out on your mom and your family. The hard part right now is that he is not communicating with anyone. That may change over time. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a tragic situation for your family. In my opinion, your father seems to be going through some kind change of life madness which does unfortunately hit many families. I wouldn't take it personally as I dont think it is personally directed at any of you. Your father is probably just undergoing some kind of rebellion against his responsibilities. Continue to pray that God will open his eyes and reveal his wrong decisions to him and return him to you. The devil targets the man in the family to break up families and some strong prayer is required now. Hang in there Kaleena.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you Kaleena and know this is one of the hardest things our family has ever faced but you know what...Since we've been brought to it God will also take us through it...in the mean time we need to love harder and deeper and do the best we can to keep what's left of our family intact...Mom and I were talking this morning about starting some new traditions...like dinner once a week with all of us...it was so much fun last week and this week is your birthday so we're doing it again but next week we were hoping to have dinner at mom's and we'll just all get together for conversation and dinner and start making some new memories...Never forget my dear sweet swister that This Too shall Pass!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are ALWAYS appreciated, so PLEASE leave me some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails