Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

11/4/10

Getting Started

Homeschooling the girls has been a fun and new adventure for me. I love having them home with me and feel so much safer knowing that they are here with me and not at school getting picked on. They seem to really enjoy being here and they both are eager to learn. We've been working this week on testing. I'm getting a good idea of what level they are on in each subject and it makes me sad to see how far behind they actually are. I'm thinking that pulling them out was a good decision! I hope to get them caught up quickly, as they are both really into learning new things. My girls are smart and they'll catch on quickly I think. Our biggest thing is getting a routine started for them. You guys know me....I'm such a planner! The girls eat breakfast in the morning and then go right to the dining room table to start their work. As soon as I've figured out the things we need to focus on the most we will be well on our way to getting caught up. I gotta be honest though. I'm really looking forward to the hands on, no books kind of learning that we can get from visiting historic buildings and museums. That's definitely going to be fun for the girls (and maybe momma too!)
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That's great K, I hope it all works out for you!

    You are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I missed your last post. Sorry Kaleena. I think it's a great idea homeschooling after I got done reading your last post. It made me so sad. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers, that you're able to do a very good job, and that it will be very easy to do.

    Take care...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are ALWAYS appreciated, so PLEASE leave me some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails