Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

9/17/09

Twitching, A New Form Of Entertainment

I spent all of yesterday morning at the pulmonologist with Paisley. She has been having some asthmatic episodes lately and alot of wheezing at night. This is probably related to her allergies, so we are waiting anxiously to start the allergy shots. The doctor raised the dose on her zyrtec and moved her singulair dosage from the 4mg pill to the 5mg pill. He also wants me to increase her zantac at night because the wheezing is caused by her reflux. Paisley also got her flu shot yesterday. If anyone remembers, she got the flu last year (despite the flu shot) and pneumonia at the same time. She was in the hospital with a 105 fever for several days. I know I remember that all too clearly, as all 3 of my girls were sick at that time. I actually think that's how I met most of my blog friends, when you all banded together to pray for the McNabb girls! But I digress....
After we left the pulmonologist, I came home and tried to rest for a little while. I have been having these dizzy/fainting spells for the last few days. At times, I can almost convince myself that I have an undetected brain tumor or something. At times, I can also be a "teensy, tiny, bit" overly dramatic. I'm just sayin'. So, I called my mom and told her I think I have a brain tumor. I told her how I've been feeling and ask her advice. She told me I need to stop reading WebMD and trying to self-diagnose. She also said that if I'm so sure I know more than my doctor that I should just go get a medical degree. Hmmm. Not a bad idea. Then all I'd need is a nifty little set of scrubs. Ha! Anywho...since she didn't seem all that convinced of my malady (aka possible brain tumor) I decided to call my sister. You see, walking is getting to be darn near impossible. I've lost count of how much I have fallen down in the last few days. I fell down my stairs twice yesterday while holding Delaney. She's fine, BTW. When I called, I told my sis that I thought I needed to go to the ER for a brain scan or something. She offered to drive me over the the hospital, so off we went. Let me just say, EVERYONE in the ER was wearing a mask. I felt a little left out, so I decided to ask for one too. I'm all about fitting in! Well, long story (slightly) short, I was examined by a doctor, and questioned about symptoms. Fatigue, nausea, dizzyness, headache, eye twitching/jerking, sweating, and an overall feeling that the world is swimming around me. Diagnosis: VERTIGO. My ears are fine, no sign of fluid or infection. I have not had any type of head or neck trauma. None of the usual causes for vertigo. However, my blood pressure is through the roof and my BP meds are not bringing it down. So, vertigo caused by what? Who knows? But let me just say, vertigo is NOT my friend. I have, however, been able to keep Laney entertained with my twitching eye, as she seems to think it's hilarious! Anyone know of a good solution to vertigo?

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Kaleena...I know I wasn't supposed to....but I had to smile when I read that you called your mom and said, "I think I have a brain tumor."
    I think your Mom is a wise woman. Stay OFF the web!! :)) Take care of you, my friend.
    Give the girls a kiss for me.
    Smiles from Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are ALWAYS appreciated, so PLEASE leave me some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails