Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

9/30/09

My Hate-filled Post

We have spent the last 2 days at the hospital with Delaney. She has colitis and has been very sick. The fever was a symptom of infection and I feel like I "dropped the ball" this time. I should have known or at least suspected that something was up. She is bloated and having really horrible stomach cramps. We can not put off her surgery anymore. We have to do something to fix these tummy problems soon. She is getting treatment for the colitis now, and will have her surgery on Wednesday October 7th. No more postponements. I feel so bad that she's so sick. I'm her momma and I'm supposed to know that she's getting sick. I feel like I failed her this time. I've been spending the last few days cuddling and comforting her as best as a can. I just keep telling her how sorry I am. She's gone to having bloody stool that really freaks me out. Her stool is like water. Sorry if that's too much info! I really am just at a loss right now. I feel so bad and am so very worried about my little Laneybug. I hate hirschsprung's disease and I hate that she has had to live with it for this long. I hate colitis and the fact that it keeps making her sick. I hate hospitals and hospital food and being away from my girls. I hate feeling helpless and useless. I hate watching them run all these tests on her and I hate dreading the results of all those tastes. I love my girl more than anything but I hate all this illness. I am so tired of giving meds and at the same time so thankful that my girl is still here on this side of heaven for me to give those meds to. I am tired of being tired and tired of feeling this way. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate everything. I just want this all to pass quickly and I just want to get through this tunnel and come out at the end with a healthy Laney. I want things to be better for her-for all of us. I want to be able to go to events at the big girls' schools instead of having to explain to them that "sissy has another doctor's appointment that same day!" Yep, I hate everything. I think that just about sums it up.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I read this yesterday and really didn't know what to say that might help you so I waited until today. I still don't have words that will lift you out of this deep funk you are in. Take a deep breath and try to put on a calm face for Laney so she can get through this lastest medical crisis. Your family has had more than your fair share of medical issues but it seems like 1 by 1 they are on the right road to recovery - allergy shots are just one example. Surgery for Laney is another example. I will continue to keep your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaleena...first of all, I wanted to tell you that I am sorry for your Laney.
    I will be in prayer on the 7th...knowing that she is in God's hands...and she will be better.
    You have to keep looking up, Kaleena...
    Keep your chin up...your faith up...your eyes up...for you...and for your family.
    I hug you from here.
    Always,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are ALWAYS appreciated, so PLEASE leave me some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails