I tested allergic to grass, mold, dust mites, dogs, cats, cockroaches, trees, all stinging insects, fire ants, strawberries, and shellfish. There were several other things too, but those are the ones that bother me the most. I've had several anaphalactic reactions over the years that have required immediate treatment. I will now carry an epi-pen and chewable benadryl at all times. I also get to go have allergy shots (3 shots, twice a week) with Paisley. Great mother/daughter bonding, don't ya think? Not!
On a more serious note, my Laney has me pretty worried. She's been having really bad diarrhea, for the last few days. It's so bad that her little bottom is raw. She's also really restless, like her stomach is in pain. She's not dehydrated too bad...yet. Her doctor wants us to keep a close watch on her and bring her in to the hospital if it gets much worse. It really scares me because she's almost always constipated. I mean, seriously. She never has a bowel movement more than once a week, and that's after some sort of intervention. I've not even been able to give her most of her meds because of the diarrhea. The last time she had diarrhea this bad she had slick-gut and was in the hospital for a very long time. She was so sick that we thought we were going to lose her. I'm so worried about her and I feel so awful that her little bottom looks like it does. She's so raw that her whole little area "down there" is bleeding. She went through a whole pack of diapers in just a few days. I've put away the wipes and am using sterile water and soft gauze to clean her. That seems to make it easier on her. Will you all please pray that Laney feels better soon and that it doesn't turn into something bad? She goes to Chattanooga on Wednesday. I hope the GI doc can still do everything that needs to be done to get her ready for her surgery. I know we've had to reschedule twice already because of fever, but this time she's not running a high temp.
I'm going to say I'm sorry again for not posting more often. I've tried to step away from my computer a little more here lately. I was getting to the point where I felt like I was neglecting other things in favor of the Internet. One day I was messing with my laptop and Laney climbed into my lap and shut my laptop. She then climbed up and sat on top of it. I think that was baby girl's way of trying to get my attention! I will try to do my computer stuff when Laney is napping. Hope everyone had a great weekend!












Those skin tests are torture!
ReplyDeleteSorry for all the trials you are going through.
I am praying for Little Laney, as you requested....and please know that I am praying for all of you. Take care, Kaleena....
ReplyDeleteYou and your family are precious.
Love,
Jackie