Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

9/23/09

Busy As Usual

The last few days have been busy, as usual, here at McNabb Land. The week has barely started and, already, I am exhausted. I've been dealing with this stupid vertigo and it's really making my life crazy. I don't even remember what it feels like not to have vertigo. I've lost count of how many times I have fallen in the last week. I start off walking straight and the next thing I know, I've lost my footing and am falling. My dogs have learned to stay away from me and poor little Laney is catching on to the fact that, just maybe, she ought to stay out from under foot too. I guess they are all probably tired of me falling on them! My doctor says that it looks like I had a mini-stroke. That's why I had to go have the CT scan today. He says it's kind of like a warning that I need to "chill" before I end up having a "major" stroke. My blood pressure has been crazy high lately. I've been taking my blood pressure medicine every day. I've just been so stressed to the point that my meds don't seem to be working. I've had so many worries and so much on my mind that it's not really a shock that my BP has been elevated. I guess I will have to "chill" as he said. I really don't want to have a serious stroke. Doc also informs me that this vertigo is probably here to stay and I'll just have to learn to cope with it. It seems to get better for awhile and then drops back in when I least expect it. Like, when I'm driving down the highway on my way to (yet another) appointment. That's REAL fun. Ever try driving while you feel like your head is spinning around in circles? I don't really recommend it!

My dear husband is out of work...AGAIN. It seems like everytime they say that the economy is improving...HA! I've been in a panic over all things financial. This time, he has no unemployment benefits. We reached the limit on that last time he was laid off. He's driving me crazy staying home with me. He has this habit of messing with my routine. I like things done a certain way, at a certain time, and he likes to push my buttons. I think we get along better when he's working. Absence DOES make the heart grow fonder! I LOVE than man dearly, but he drives me nuts!

Delaney had been running a fever and coughing like crazy, so we pushed her surgery back again. It is now scheduled for the end of the month instead. I hope she's over all her "flu-like" symptoms by then. I'm just ready for her surgery to be over. I just feel like maybe it's not in God's plan for her to have the surgery right now. It seems like everytime we schedule it, something comes up and we have to cancel. Then, once it's cancelled, she starts to feel better and I feel bad about rescheduling. This time, her fever went down the day that she was supposed to be checking in to the hospital. Maybe He's trying to tell me something?! She's doing great with her therapy. Her speech is the only thing that's really not improving at all. Her physical therapist says that Laney is slowly meeting her goals and we will need to set some new goals soon. Her occupational therapist has help Laney meet all her goals and we went yesterday to re-evaluate her to set new goals. I am so proud of how far she has come these last few months. I still long for the day that she calls me "momma" for the first time. I can't imagine a sweeter sound in the world. Her laughter makes me smile, but her first sweet words will probably melt me!

Destiny is back to normal with her behavior. We've not had any problems with her in school lately. It seems like she's starting to get adjusted to her new school and her teachers. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see her come out of her shell this year. Still taking small steps-but we'll get there!

Paisley is really struggling with her school work. We're working with her at home. She's trying really hard and I hate seeing her frustrated with herself. My sweet husband has so much more patience with her, when it comes to her homework. He's been working with her every night. She seems to enjoy the one-on-one Paisley/Daddy time she's been getting with him. They work on reading and math the most because that seems to be what gives her the most grief.

That's all the time that I have to post right now, but I just have so much more on my mind. I will try to post some more tomorrow after I get home from the allergist. I hope you all are having a better week than we are!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Kaleena...Your days seem filled with stress...and I wish I had 'words of wisdom' to give you and....'poof'....stress would be gone.
    Turn these over to the Lord...and don't take them back. I will continue to pray for you....and I believe that the power of prayer is strong!!!
    I'm glad that Paisley is enjoying the one on one time with her Daddy. That is a very good thing.
    Hopefully, your symptoms will ease...and you will have better days.
    Someone on a blog wrote that we should keep a 'positive note' journal...I think that would be a good thing for you to start if you haven't already started one. We do have struggles...and some more than others, but there are blessings that we enjoy too....and maybe focusing on those will help ease some of the stresses that you feel regarding the health problems and financial problems. Remember, that I am praying for you. Stay in the Word...take care of yourself....and continue to prais Him in and through all things.
    Love to you Kaleena...
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaleena - I never cease to be amazed at how much you have to deal with and how you go on and keep it all together. Praying for healing for you and for all your family. Work is so tough all over. We're feeling it, too, but I'm so sorry it's another worry for you. Blessings and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are ALWAYS appreciated, so PLEASE leave me some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails