Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

4/8/10

No Nap

Delaney and I have started a new game since school started back after Spring Break. Before Spring Break she was the best little nap taker EVER. This time is what I now refer to as BSB (before spring break.) I loved BSB. It was magical. But not nearly as fun as now. ASB (After Spring Break.) And there's only a hint of sarcasm in that statement. You see, BSB, Laney would practically put herself down for her nap. She would grab a pillow, a blanket, and her sippy cup and just look at me like "hello, yawn, I'm sleepy!" It was cute. It was magical. It was the most peaceful 2.5 hours of my day:) Yep, BSB was nice. But now? Oh, now. Nap time ASB is hilarious. It's fun. I get the pillow, the blanket, and the sippy cup. I put them in her little napping spot and then I put her in her napping spot. Then I return to the chair that I like to sit in. Where I find Delaney. She's sitting there, in my favorite chair, just laughing at me. "No nap!" she says, as she giggles at me.( I didn't even know she could say that. Speech must finally be paying off!) So we do it again. "YES, nap!" I say as I tickle her and lay her back down. Before I even make it back to my chair, she is there, just laughing at me. "No nap!" We do this, back and forth, until I need a nap. I beg and plead. Pretend to cry. But still, I get a giggly "no nap!" from the little traitor. She was my nap taker. The best little nap taker EVER. Not now though. Now, we play the napping game. In the end, I get out the pack 'n play. She gets put in baby jail. (Mean momma!) and I win the game. I love that little traitor. I love nap time. But please , oh please, don't tell her that I enjoy this new game we play:)


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Awww.... So sweet. She may just catch onto how much you love to play with her so beware!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cute, but I can understand the frustration! When Gunne doesn't want to take his nap I could burst into tears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naps are good. That is when you can relax and get your second wind. Shame on her for changing her strategy - she is definitely showing you her cute personality. LOL She looks so sweet when she is sleeping. Cherish these days when naps happen - before you know it, she won't need one anymore. I'll hope she goes back to BSB habit soon, for your sake. Hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are ALWAYS appreciated, so PLEASE leave me some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails