After leaving PT, I went to my parents' house to pick my dad up. He was scheduled to have outpatient surgery on his thumb. I took him to the hospital for his surgery and waited while he had the surgery performed so that I could drive him home. While waiting, I fed Delaney a snack. I was getting a little hungry by that point, but decided to wait a little while to eat. After my father's surgery was complete, I went to the pharmacy to pick up bandages and things for his dressing changes. Delaney and I drove him home and left so that we could pick up the sisters from school. I was starving at that point, so I decided to stop at a store and pick up a snack. You know, something quick that I could eat on the way to the school. I chose Corn Nuts. I had never eaten Corn Nuts before and my curiosity got the best of me. Let me just say, YUMMY! I love Corn Nuts! I could see the start of a beautiful friendship! Sadly, Corn Nuts do not love me in return. By the time I picked the sisters up from school my mouth felt raw. The sisters had an appointment to get their summer hair cuts. My sis-in-law was taking them as a gift to me. By the time she came to get them at 3:30, my mouth was swollen. My sis-in-law took one look at me and asked, "oh my, who hit you in the mouth?" I went to look in the mirror, and sure enough, my lips were swelling at a rapid rate. I ended up in the ER with a severe allergic reaction to my new friend, Corn Nuts! Needless to say, the relationship is over! No more Corn Nuts for me! SIGH! I am okay now though. My mouth is just really sore and I feel like I was hit in the face with a train. No big deal really.
I FINALLY have my appointment for my breast MRI. I will be going on Thursday. Please pray. I am anxious to get the results, but not so anxious to get the bad news that I fear is coming. I'm trying to think positive thoughts, it's just not working for me. Sorry. I will let everyone know the results as soon as I get them.
By the way, the sisters' hair cuts turned out beautifully. I will attempt to slow the girls down long enough to catch a few pics of them and will post them soon. They just look so grown up with the new cuts! SIGH!











Oh my goodness...can't believe you had a reaction to Corn nuts..was it the corn or something else in it? Just curious! Glad the PT session went so well. I did brushing back when I was a kid and it did work wonders. Hope you all have a great afternoon!
ReplyDelete~Elyse~
Almost all corn nowadays is made from genetically altered corn (GMO's) and that may have contributed to your reaction. Also, they are loaded with MSG. I'm super allergic to that with nerve damage because it is a neurotoxin. I love Corn Nuts, too, but the ones from my childhood, when they were REAL food, thank you very much. SO SORRY you had that horrid reaction! Oh Kaleena! Only YOU would have this added onto your plate girl! :)
ReplyDeleteI am praying and believing for a good outcome but sure understand the scary waiting and wondering part. I will continue to pray for peace. You are a COURAGEOUS! Courage isn't the absence of fear; it's moving ahead in spite of it. Blessings my young friend.
My goodness, what a day! I agree with Robynn that it could be something that was in the corn nuts like the MSG or something. Maybe an allergy test will let you know. Look forward to seeing the haircuts on the girls. I work as a Occupational Therapy Assistant(OTA). I work with geriatric patients in Skilled nursing facilities right now. I did learn about brushing in school and in my field work. It is good for increasing sensory stimulation. I hope it works for Delaney.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear Delaney's first appointment went well and you have something to try with her. So sorry though to hear about your allergic reaction. It gets really hard to know what you can try and can't. Do you carry an epi-pen? It may be your new best friend! Will be praying for Thursday! Glad you were able to get it scheduled.
ReplyDelete