Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

1/25/10

What's Up:)

I guess I've been missing in action since we came home from the hospital, huh? I've tried to post a few times, but I've gotten distracted or busy with something else and haven't returned to finish a post. I'll try to finish this one. **fingers crossed**

Paisley continues to do well at home. She's still got some swollen lymph nodes and her throat is pretty irritated. She's constantly clearing her throat and when she does it makes this noise that drives me up the wall!!!! We've been working on all of the school work that she is behind on and also learning some new lessons at the same time. Can I just say that the 1st grade curriculum has seriously changed since I was in elementary school?! I don't recall doing some of the things that she is learning now until 2nd or 3rd grade. She's doing really well with all of her work though, so I won't complain:)

Destiny is in the process of learning multiplication tables at school. She's really struggling with it. The teacher will work with them on one set (like the 3's or 4's) and then she will give a test. They have exactly one minute to answer all of the problems on the page (there's 13 problems) and then she takes them up and grades them. If the student answers one multipication problem wrong they fail the test and have to take it again the next testing day. Tests are given on Wednesday and Friday. Destiny knows the answers, but when she is being timed on it, she gets nervous and will freeze up. She's failed every set several times each. It makes her feel awful. the students that don't pass the test have to stay on that set and the rest of the class will move on to the next set. When the other students move on to a new set it really puts Destiny into a panic. She's worried that everyone will pass her up. I tell her she's putting too much pressure on herself and to just relax. We work on her set every night. I know she knows it.

Delaney is just busy being Delaney. She's not cut anymore of her own hair (or anyone else's hair!) so we're doing pretty good this week on that front. (I was going to post some pictures of her self-inflicted haircut, but it's not really all that noticable in pictures.) She's been having some trouble sleeping at night. Her heart rate is going up while she's sleeping and it seems to make her uncomfortable. She's got a regularly scheduled appointment with her cardiologist coming up at the beginning of February so hopefully we can find out what we can do about it at that time. I'm hoping it's not something we need to worry too much about. I called her doctor and tried to move the appointment up, but they didn't have anything available. I was told that if her heart rate gets too high between now and then I should just take her in to the ER. Otherwise, I need to just keep an eye on her:)

Other than that, not much going on here in McNabb Land. I've been working on filling out some paperwork that needs to be complete by Friday morning. If you don't see much in the way of posting between now and then it's probably because I'm up to my neck in paperwork!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Well, it doesn't seem like your very busy at all!!! Yeah right, huh..... You're a busy bee. I know the feeling!

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand about the paperwork, Kaleena...
    We'll be here when you return.
    Take care of you and your family. I'm thinking about you...
    Smiles from Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear Paisley is continuing to recover nicely at home. It's amazing sometimes how long it can take to fully bounce back from an illness.

    Keep plugging along, and prayers that your little one's heart rate is nothing to be concerned about!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recovery will be slow...she got hit pretty hard with sick. Poor baby. I am glad that she is on the mend though. Glad the scissors are not cutting hair anymore:)
    I hear you about the school work. My 3rd grader is bringing home some tough work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuck, those multiplication tables are the worst. I used to end up counting on my knuckles during tests because I also just couldnt get them in my head. Just an idea which may or may not work to get her used to doing her multiplication tables in a certain time but more in her control when she is learning. Use an egg times, one of those where the sand trickles down so that she can control how much she is doing in an allotted time. If she is practicing working within an allotted time on her own it wont seem so stressful when she is doing it in class.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And when you do return I have a blog award for you on my blog :) Wish I had an easier way to teach multiplication tables! I haven't had to teach these yet and know I will probably encounter the same kind of challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That must be stressful for the kids (the tests)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are ALWAYS appreciated, so PLEASE leave me some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails