Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

1/2/09

A New Year, A New Beginning

I've heard that blogging is good therapy for some people. I don't know for sure if that will hold true for me, but I figured I might as well give it a shot anyway. I guess for starters I could provide a little background. My husband and have been married for over eight years now. We have three beautiful little girls. Destiny is our oldest. She is a sweet little freckle-nosed seven year old. Paisley is our fair-skinned, blond haired five year old. She is a ball of energy with a smile that would put the sun to shame. Delaney (or Laneybug as I affectionately call her) is the baby. Our own little miracle. All three are precious, little gifts from God and we are lucky enough to be the ones to care for them here on Earth. That being said, Welcome to......
My new blog where I will attempt to post about my new life as a Chiari wife and the mom of 2 beautiful big girls and one "tiny" baby girl. Join my on my journey to self discovery, as I attempt to cope with the life God has given me.

My husband has a disease called Chiari Malformation. He was diagnosed on June 23, 2008. On July 3 we pre-registered him at the hospital, and on July 8, 2008 my husband had brain surgery. My whole world felt like it was crashing down around me. He is doing okay right now (6 months later), but our lives are changed forever and I have a hard time dealing with that. He will live with this the rest of his life and there is not a cure. Our faith in God has not wavered. We put our worry HIS hands and I am confident that things will turn out OK. We are blessed to have had the last 6 months to be a family. We don't know how long my husband has, but we are most definitely going to make the most of it.

This blog is basically my place to vent.....worries, feelings, thoughts, anything I feel like writing. I don't know that anyone will ever read it (besides me) but that's not why I'm writing it anyway. It's just nice not to have to keep it all bottled up anymore.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm so gald you joined blogworld. i think you will find a stream of comfort and support here. I'm sorry to hear about your husbands disease. I would like to know more about it. What does this disease do? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are ALWAYS appreciated, so PLEASE leave me some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails