So what did I catch them doing to poor little Laney? I'll tell you.
So there I was, in the kitchen getting the aforementioned beverages, when I heard the following conversation.
Paisley: Hold her down. I'll tie it.
Destiny: I'm trying to. She's just so wiggly. Stop moving sissy.
Laney: giggle, giggle, la, la, la, la, cat!
Paisley: There, I got it tied. You got the pillow?
Destiny: Yep. I put it behind her head done ready (she's always said that). You got the doctor bag?
Paisley: U-huh! Giggles. I'm doctor Paisley and you're doctor Destiny and Laney is our sick girl.
Destiny: This is so fun. Mommy will be so surprised!
Laney: giggle, giggle, unsuspecting squeals of delight
So at this point, I decide enough is enough because it's never good when 2 of your kids tie the 3rd one down and start talking about playing doctor. I walked in the room just in time to find Laney strapped into her high chair, reclined all the way back, with a pillow behind her head. Destiny and Paisley were standing next to the "patient" with the lamp angled at Laney. Yep, there they were. Getting ready to perform surgery, OPEN HEART SURGERY!!!!, on Laney. What doctor tools were they planning to use? A spoon, a fork, some band-aids, and a cotton ball. Not sure where they came up with the idea, but I can guarantee that they won't be playing in the playroom alone with Laney anymore. I can't even begin to imagine what kind of repair they thought her heart needed.











Oh, how funny! Your girls have great imaginations. They've probably been waiting to do this for weeks. Sounds like Laney was a willing participant! :)
ReplyDeleteGood thing you rescued the patient from that much-needed surgery!
ReplyDeleteI was fairly worried at first, but glad to see the surgery was the best kind, pretend!!
ReplyDeleteI too, was worried....but found myself laughing - your kids are FUNNY! Don't you love their imaginations? Never a dull moment with little ones....
ReplyDelete