******
I haven't mentioned this to anyone, but I have been thinking alot about my breast cancer scare. I've been thinking about my thoughts I had when I first heard the word cancer and realized they were talking about me. I remember that my first thought was about my hair. I didn't want to lose my hair. I felt in a panic. I kept thinking to myself that my hair is my best feature. I didn't want to lose the thing I liked the most about myself. I felt really vain thinking that, but it's how I felt. I was so very relieved when I got the news that I don't have cancer. I am still over-the-moon excited about my non-cancer diagnosis. So, today, I decided to do something to treat myself. It makes me feel good that it will help make someone else's day a little brighter too. Curious about what I did today? Well, I'll tell you. And I have a picture to prove it!

Today I donated 12 inches of my hair to someone who doesn't have any hair. Today, I got a hair cut (and my very first highlights!!) and I feel fantastic. Today is the start of a new day for me. A new kind of life for me. I will embrace it and appreciate it. It may not sound like a big deal to anyone else, but I am cancer free, enjoying my life like never before, 45 pounds lighter, and sporting a new 'do! I feel like I've won the lottery! Now, if I can just get that pedicure I've never had, but always wanted! HA!











You made a great choice to donate your hair. And no cystic fibrosis!!! How wonderful that news must have been. You can get through anything if you can deal with 3 children in 3 different hospitals. Just take your life one day at a time and rejoice at all the little things that are going right for you. Wendy (retired in FL)
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you!! Prayers have been answered.
ReplyDeleteForgot to say- the new hair is fierce.
ReplyDeleteOh Kaleena, that is a cute hair cut and highlights! I did the same thing a year ago, but only 10 inches :) So glad to hear that Paisley's test was negative too!
ReplyDeleteYou have been blessed my friend! They are wonderful news, and what you did with your hair, wow I proud of you. You look so beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteGREAT news about Paisley and good for you for thinking of someone else who DID have to face that hair loss. GREAT way to give back!
ReplyDelete