
8/26/09
Borrowing Troubles
I am nervous. Tomorrow, I am taking Delaney to an ear, nose, and throat specialist. Her speech therapist wants an ENT to look at her tongue, tonsils, and adnoids. She thinks that Delaney needs a frenectomy (her tongue clipped) and her tonsils and adnoids removed. I am so worried about putting Laney through yet-another appoinment that will result in surgery or testing. Poor baby is constantly being poked and prodded on! Please pray that all goes well tomorrow and that the ENT decides to leave her alone and not clip her little tongue. I think her little heart-shaped tongue is adorable and I love it (I love EVERYTHING about her though!) and don't want her to have a boring and normal-shaped pointy tongue. It's so cute when she tries to stick her tounge out at us! The speech therapist is worried that it is causing some issues with her speech and her eating. If that is the case, then I am more than willing to let them repair it, but I just don't want her to have to suffer any more painful procedures. I know that a frenectomy is a simple procedure, but it couldn't be painless! Please pray that the ENT be blessed with gentle kindness and wisdom. Please pray that Laney's tonsils are not a problem with her speech. I really don't want to have her tonsils out right now. We had such a horrible experience when Destiny had her tonsils out. Destiny's one day tonsilectomy turned into a 3 week hospital stay and I really don't even want to think about that! I know that comparing one child's surgery experience to another is just borrowing troubles, but I can't help it. I am such a worrier. Lord, please calm my fears and station your angels of protection around my little Laney! Please let the ENT have good news instead of a surgery recommendation!


Labels:
Delaney,
prayer request
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











My youngest had a frenectomy when he was three days old! He hardly cried, whimpered a bit at most. Please don't fret. Little Laney is a trooper and she is going to do just great!!
ReplyDelete