Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

8/2/09

Calling All Home-schooling Momma's

Classroom lists have been posted for the upcoming school year. I was upset to learn that Paisley has been placed in a classroom with a teacher that does not have a good reputation. She is known as the teacher that brings her at-home problems to work with her. She lets her problems from home interfere with how she teaches her students at school. It has become such a problem, if fact, that the school has actually teamed her with 2 other teachers this year. The students in those three classes will have a teacher for reading, a different teacher for math, and yet another teacher for Language Arts. Paisley doesn't want 3 teachers. She just wants one teacher. I wouldn't find 3 teachers to be such an issue, if they were doing this in other classrooms as well. But they aren't. Paisley's class will be the only one like it in the school. I have a problem with that. If her teacher is not capable of teaching her class, why is she teaching? How will her inability to "deal" with her students affect MY CHILD'S education? The idea of this type of teacher makes me VERY uncomfortable.
I have decided to look into home school for Paisley (at least for this year.) I talked to the principal of the school about switching her to another class and he refused. He said if I didn't like it, I could withdraw her and find another school. I know that some of you homeschool your children. If you can offer me any advice or tell me where to look for a homeschool program that is suitable for a 1st grader, please email me at kaleenamcnabb @ yahoo.com (eliminate the spaces!) Thanks in advance for any info you can offer me!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That is sad that the school can't work with you this year. I wish you the best in homeschooling. I never did homeschooling, but I know there are many bloggers out there who do. When I find one who does homeschooling I will direct you to their blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are ALWAYS appreciated, so PLEASE leave me some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails