Not alot happening in McNabb Land right now. I've tried to enjoy more and stress less. So far, it's working well enough. I cleaned the girls' bedrooms yesterday. That pretty much took the entire day. They live like slobs. Seriously. I'm shocked that 3 little girls are capable of making such HUGE messes. Still have tons of stuff to occupy my mind today. I'm going through the closets and pulling out all the things that the kids have outgrown. That may take the rest of the week! I've discovered this website called Pass It On Baby! Thanks to Tim at Fort Thompson, for leading me to this site. It's a really awesome organization that has inspired me to think about helping others in need. You should really check it out and try to help if you feel led to do so. I approached the ladies at Pass It On about possibly helping me secure clothing for the older girls for school and also Delaney. I know I've mentioned my inability to buy school clothes for my older girls, but I haven't mentioned that Delaney will be needing clothes too. I have some really cute dresses and outfits for warm weather, but my little Laney is growing up FAST and these clothes won't be fitting her much longer (not to mention she'll freeze in the winter if she has to wear them out in the 40 degree weather!) so I was hoping that Pass It On would be able to help. There are no guarantees that they will be able to match me up with a donor that has 18-24 months sized winter clothing for my little Laney to wear. I'm sure that there are MANY people in need right now. The great thing about this organization is that it is 100% based on donations. If you are in need you can go to them and they will help you try to come up with the clothing you need. If you have clothing that your family has outgrown, you can go to them and let them know the sizes and seasons you have available and they will match you up with a family in need! It's a great way to ask for help, while offering help to others in need at the same time. I've been going through our closets like a mad woman, pulling out the things that we have outgrown. It makes me feel good to know that I am going to be helping another family in need. I know how stressful it is to worry about clothing your child! It's not a good feeling. What is a good feeling, is knowing that another momma will feel a little less stressed when she receives my box of clothing in the mail. So go visit Pass It On Baby! and see if there's anything you can do to help (if you feel led to)make someone else's day a little bit brighter.
Oh, and please pray (if you feel led to) that they are able to match us up with someone that has those 18-24 months sized clothing my Laneybug will be needing this fall/winter!












That's an awesome way to help others!
ReplyDeleteLove it!!!! Pay it forward and help someone else.
ReplyDeleteGood to see you feeling a bit better about things.
Staying busy always helps me keep my mind off the things that are making me feel terrible.
And Just think, summer cleaning, how nice everything will look and smell. Just having everything organized again makes me feel better.
Yes, I know staying organized with 3 little ones in the house is almost impossible, but as they get older they too can help oranize things and learn that way.
Love ya,
Alright, I'm off to check it out.
ReplyDeleteI love solutions! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteKaleena....when is the first day of school for the girls?
ReplyDeleteHugs from Jackie
That is so cool! Good Luck!
ReplyDelete