The girls are in their 2nd week of school now. This year got off to a much easier start for us this year! Paisley is excited to start her day and insists on being dropped off at school early every morning. She is so happy to get to school and see her friends. Wonder if that excitement has anything to do with a certain little boy that she goes to school with? This little guy tells her she looks pretty every day and swears he's going to marry her when he turns 8! Not sure why he picked 8 as the right age, but he seems to be sure that 8 is the perfect age for marriage. At least it gives us 2 years to plan the nuptials though!
Destiny is like a different child this year. My father-in-law drives her and my niece to school everyday. I can't help but think about previous school years and how hard it was to leave destiny at school. It was always so hard for her. Sometimes she cried all day. I would have to take her to school kicking and screaming and have to drag her out of the car every morning. I can't tell you how many times I had to pull her little fingers off the door handle and literally drag her thrashing and kicking body down the hall to class. The hardest part was when she was chasing me down the hall, begging me not to leave her. The teacher would have to restrain her in the class room to keep her from coming after me. I always made sure that she never saw the tears that were streaming down my face as I walked away-leaving her there and still hearing her screams as I exited the building. Its a relief to see her smile this year as she heads out the door to school. I don't know what is so different about this year, but whatever it is, I'm thrilled!
The girls were gifted with some pretty things to get them started in school this year. I feel so blessed to have met Verna. She sent each of the girls an outfit to get them started on the first day at school. It was so nice to be able to send them both to school wearing a new outfit (like all the other kids). Thank you again Verna, for blessing my girls with your gift. Paisley LOVES the little white skirt you sent and she has now decided that it is her favorite outfit EVER!!! Destiny looks beautiful in the blouse you sent her and that "peachy" (It looks like a peach color to me?!) color looks great with her skin tone. I will try to post some pictures of them in their outfits soon. Verna even sent Laney a dress to wear and it is just adorable!
Our new car has turned out to be a pretty good find. It has great air conditioning, drives like a dream, and is pretty comfy on a spur of the moment road trip. We took a drive on Saturday and it was a pretty fantastic and fun day. We drove to Cades Cove and took some pictures of the scenery and then drove on up through Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. We had a great time just walking around in Pigeon Forge, looking in the shops, and people watching. Turns out, Laney loves to people watch! We had a nice picnic in Cades Cove, saw some deer and bears, and even looked inside some old cabins. The girls really liked our impromptu outing and it was totally free (minus the gas money) so it was a great trip to take on a tight budget! Did I mention that it only takes $26 to fill up my gas tank? When I had my Explorer, it cost $60-70 to fill up the tank!!! The Lord provides, huh? I may just decide I like this new car better than my Explorer (except the Explorer had 3rd row seating and tons of extra space!!) and at least now I won't have a car payment because we traded my hubby's (wrecked truck) for the PT Cruiser. Even trade, can you believe it?! That means we will be saving $200 a month! I'm over the moon!
I got my surprise in the mail from the contest I won at Matters of the Heart! Thanks Elaine, that Target gift card was a great surprise! I love me some Target!!!
Anywho, this is turning into a novel, so I'll just post some pictures of our weekend outing and end this post for now. I'll try to come back soon and post some more. Hope ya'll are having a great week!












I am so glad the girls enjoy the clothes.
ReplyDeleteIt was such fun to go shopping for them.
Have a great day.
Your sis in Christ,
Verna
It souds like things are picking up in your life. That's great to hear. God is so awesome!! It's nice to hear that the girls are having an easier time going to school too. It is really hard when they are emotional about it. You feel horrible. Looks like you had a nice little trip also:D
ReplyDeleteLove,
Jenny
I am so happy for you. Things sound like they are on the upswing. Verna was so nice to send some clothes for the girls. Your good news made my day.
ReplyDeleteOh Kaleena, that is awesome! Verna, what a delightful thing to do. And just today, I sent a small package in the mail for you and the girls. Because our school does not start for another 3 weeks, (ugh), I was off on my timing of sending you school supplies in time for school to start. But you can just as easily use them at home :) It'll take close to a week to get there but be on the look out!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear that things are turning around for you! What a fun post to read! :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had a nice weekend and so glad you enjoyed the surprise. Beautiful pictures...
ReplyDelete