Well, we weren't the only family excited about free day at the zoo. I needed to get off the interstate at exit 392. I made it to exit 389 and then traffic was at a standstill. We sat in the same spot for 2 HOURS!!! Then we were able to inch up a little and sit for another half hour. After 3 hours of sitting in traffic, we made it to the sign that says exit 392 One Mile. The kids were restless and the adults were restless and we were ALMOST there. Almost. Of course, almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, right? Anyway....
After a almost 2 hour drive and 3 hours of sitting in traffic, we finally made it to the exit. Yay! We're ALMOST there I announce. We almost made it. Laney's clapping and Destiny is clapping and the adults are clapping and...oh, what's Paisley doing?! Throwing up all over the car and all over herself. Then Destiny is crying and throwing up (weak stomach...one look and there she goes!!) and Delaney is crying because everyone else is crying and then I cry as I turn the car around and head back home after our VERY LONG almost trip to the zoo. I guess free day was not meant for us.












Oh shoot! I was thinking of that saying the other day :) Poor kiddos and poor momma! I hope you get a chance to go another time! I was hanging on the edge of my seat hoping you'd make it.
ReplyDeleteMy heart sank when I read that! I am sorry, your family really needed that trip to the zoo! Hopefully there will be another free day and you will be able to go.
ReplyDeleteKaleena...I'm so sorry.
ReplyDeleteI hope that you get to return to the zoo with the girls very soon...and that Paisley is feeling better.
Oh Man! That's just another fine example of Murphy's Law isn't it?
ReplyDeleteAWE! Why! I am so sorry. You guys could of used a good day out. I hope that she is feeling better and that soon you will be able to plan a family trip some where soon.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a great day.
You are always in my prayers.
Oh man, that really stinks!! I'm so sorry you guys went through all that just to turn the car around and head home. Maybe another time!!
ReplyDelete