Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

11/30/09

You've Come A Long Way Baby!

My little Delaney Joy is 2 today! It's hard to believe that it's been 2 years already. It's been a rough 2 years full of ups and downs, but it's passed so quickly. I am so very proud of the toddler she has become. Happy Birthday Laneybug....you've come a long way baby!

We had her party on Saturday. I planned and worked on it forever, wanting it to be special, just like her. I picked a ladybug theme. You know, Laneybug-Ladybug. I thought it was cute. Do you remember the dress I made for her to wear to her party? It was just perfect. Sadly, when I put it on her, she threw up all over it. Turns out, Laney woke up sick on Saturday. She's usually an early riser so I should have known she was getting sick when she didn't wake up super early that morning. My sweet girl, who is usually awake by 7am, was still sound asleep at 11am. I actually had to go wake her up. As I was waking her, I noticed that she had a yucky cough and a stuffy nose. Not good! She threw up all over the place when I was dressing her, but then seemed to feel a bit better after that. We decided to go on with the party because people were already here and waiting for Laney to make her appearance. Luckily, she did perk up and enjoy her party and her guests. I'm so glad that we planned her party for Saturday though. By Sunday, Delaney was feeling really bad. Her cough is much worse and she's wheezing. She slept in on Sunday as well. And well, it's 10:50 am on Monday (her actual birthday) and she's still sleeping right now. I am getting ready to take her in to the doctor's for an appointment. I figured I would wait until right before time to leave before waking her up. I'm just going to take her in her pj's. I know that she's more comfy in her pj's than in jeans or dresses. I will update later with how it goes at the doctor and post some pictures from her party. Please say a little birthday prayer that she is feeling better soon!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Hope the doctor can help her feel better. All that hard work on her dress and then she threw up on it - oh no. Happy Birthday Delaney Joy and 2 big hugs for you on your big day.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... Too bad. At least with the dress you know she'll still get to wear it again and again until she outgrows it. Hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birthday prayers for Delaney Joy...
    Hugs to you, Kaleena.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your little one! I hope she is feeling better by now.

    Linnea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Laney was sick on her birthday. Hope the doc has given her meds and she is feeling better already. Good that she was at least able to still have her party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear that your little one was/is sick on her birthday. I hope the doctor's appointment went well and she is feeling better. Hopefully that will be it for sickness and you can enjoy the holiday season!!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are ALWAYS appreciated, so PLEASE leave me some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails