Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

11/24/09

Give Thanks

I've been so busy lately that I haven't really taken the time to step back and think about what I have to be thankful for. We have been blessed with so much! I have this habit of stressing and then dwelling on my stress. I need to work on reminding myself to step back and take a deep breath sometimes. Life doesn't always need to be about what we want or what we don't have when it's so much nicer to focus on what we do have!
So today, I am counting my blessings! Here are some of the things I am thankful for:

(These are in no particular order)
  • my wonderful husband-he tries so hard to make everyone happy and he is a fantastic daddy
  • my sweet and sensitive, oh-so-shy, beautiful and smart, freckled 8 year old, Destiny Ayn. She is the sweetest girl and tries so hard to help me with everything. She loves her sisters SO MUCH!
  • my free-spirited, outspoken, oh-so-outgoing, beautiful and smart 6 year old, Paisley Rae. She's like fireworks with hair! The girl keeps me on my toes and I love every silly little thing she does. She is such a sweetheart and loves to snuggle. Plus, she looks adorable now that she's missing her front teeth!
  • my sassy, silly, and sweet little Delaney Joy. She is always smiling and always making me smile too. She called me "Mama" last night....for the FIRST TIME EVER! I hope I remember that feeling forever!
  • my sister. She's just awesome. I don't really have much of a relationship with the rest of my family, but I know she's always in my corner.
  • Delaney's therapist, Tina! She has been helping Delaney so much. It's wonderful to see Delaney blossom and it's all because of Tina's help. She's the greatest!
  • I am also thankful for the Lord's presence in my life
  • the successful surgeries we've had this year
  • our home
  • heat
  • food-we've NEVER known what it feels like to go hungry
  • friends-my IRL ones and my sweet blogger ones. I have been surrounded with so much love in my life!
  • my car-I am so blessed to have my car. I remember how stressful it was not to have one!

Have you counted your blessings? What are YOU thankful for?

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. A very nice 'thankful' post, Kaleena.
    You have a lovely way with words...and may I wish you and your wonderful family a most blessed Thanksgiving.
    With hugs and smiles from Jackie to all of you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely.
    I have much to be thankful for as well. God is good to me.
    Blessings,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was beautiful Kaleena! Your heart must be bursting with joy :) I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very thankful for you as well...you keep my life interesting and in perspective...I love you sissy-poo...you know you're my best and favorite sister!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful post, Kaleena!!! And we are all very thankful for YOU!! Happy Thanksgiving to you, and your wonderful family!!! Love to you all~Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping to say "hello!" again and to let you know that you've been in my thoughts!!! Sending you and your family much love, Janine XO

    ReplyDelete

Comments are ALWAYS appreciated, so PLEASE leave me some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails