Thank you to everyone that is praying for my Laney to get over this RSV quickly:) She had a rough night last night. It was hard to get her settled down for bed. I'd have to say that this is the crankiest mood that I have EVER seen her in. She just would not settle down and stop crying. She actually cried for over 2 hours NON-STOP:( I tried everything to calm her and soothe her, but nothing worked. She laid on my shoulder, or in my arms, or on my chest, or on my legs all night. It was rough! It seems like everytime she starts to get comfy she'll go into a coughing fit and lose her breath. Her cough has that "barky" sound to it. You know, the cough that makes you want to slap someone on the back real hard to keep them from choking? Maybe that's just me that has that urge:) Don't worry, I don't really slap her on the back...I'm very good with self-control:)
Anyway....she's sleeping in again this morning. (Can I just admit that I am breathing a sigh of relief without sounding like a bad Mommy?) Does it count as sleeping in if you don't go to sleep until after 2am? I'm not sure. I don't think she's getting any better yet. It actually seems like she's getting a bit worse. This is the 4th time I've taken care of one with RSV though so I'm not ready to panic yet:) Paisley had RSV twice as a baby and this is Laney's second winter with it. Paisley was hospitalized at 5 months for RSV and Laney was hospitalized last year with it. So I have a little "momma experience" in dealing with this:) I think I remember that it gets worse before it gets better? Or something like that. Keep praying...she'll be feeling better in no time!












Will do Kaleena! Hang in there... those girls are so lucky to have a momma like you! Prayers, dear, I'm offering prayers.
ReplyDeleteYou should be resting while she's sleeping to keep up your own strength! Hope she feels better soon!
ReplyDeleteKaleena...we're right here...praying with you...and I do hope that you get your rest.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your visits to me. I know that you are a busy Mama and wife....and I do appreciate the time that you take to leave kind words for me. I continue to pray for your family. Smiles to you, my friend.
Jackie
Praying alongside you for your little princess.
ReplyDeleteHope she's feeling better soon! Gunnar's sick with some fever rash thing, and I'm just sitting here holding my breath that all the "talking" and coughing from his room does not turn back into his desire to be held non stop because the screaming, I cannot take anymore of the screaming!
ReplyDeleteSo no, it doesn't make you a bad mommy to breath a sigh of relief at all!
Oh, Kaleena...what a time you are having!!! I'm praying!!! So hope she is better soon...poor darling!!!! Love you! Janine XO
ReplyDeleteGive my girls a kiss for me...I'm not feeling well either so that's why I didn't come and get the girls for cookie baking at Grandma's tell them we can do it next weekend if we're all better...Love you my swister
ReplyDelete