Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

2/26/10

Dread

Well dear ones, my dreaded dental surgery is Monday. I'm still not looking forward to it, but I am resigned to the fact that it has to be done. I may be just a tiny bit of a drama queen when it comes to surgical procedures. Maybe. Just a smidge.

I'll be asleep for the procedure because they'll be cutting (yuck, bad images come to mind!) the teeth out. This part is where my drama queen nature comes out. I loathe being put to sleep. I have this terrible fear about it. I've always felt the need to plan for something horrible to happen when I'm having surgery. I make it a point to tell Bobby how I want the kids to be raised and where all of our important documents are located. I tell him about our bill paying schedule and how to dress the kids. I even write down instructions for him about normal household things. Really. You know, just in case.......

Please continue to pray. I am so nervous and filled with dread. I really need to find some peace and comfort before Monday.
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Yes, surgery is scary! But so necessary too :) I've seen you handle so many difficult situations. This is yet just another thing to turn over to HIM! Will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Vicky, you've gotten through worse, this shouldn't be so bad. I had to have all my wisdom teeth removed before they grew in because I had braces as a teen and that would have screwed up everything I had done. I was under for the surgery and I remember two things. They gave me the medicine and then they were waking me up again. It seriously seemed that fast. And I had no complications or anything. You'll be just fine. I'll pray for you my friend, but remember you need to pray too. Pray for an end to that worry and doubt and fear. Ask for strength and reassurance. You'll be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be just fine Kaleena. That medicine works likie a charm. I know about worrying though. It can get the better of you in a hurry. So turn it over to God. Try to put it out of your mind as you go about your day today and tomorrow. We will all be waiting to hear how good you feel when you come home on Monday from the dentist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh.... I feel for you. I've been dealing with a sideways wisdom tooth for YEARS because they informed me that they will have to BREAK MY JAW AND BLUDGEON THE TOOTH INTO SMALL PIECES TO GET IT OUT.
    No thanks.

    A quick recommendation for you; rinse with lots of Listerine before Monday. For some reason, it dulls the pain of an infected wisdom tooth, PLUS it may help irradicate an lingering infection.
    Not that I've dealt with an infected wisdom tooth with lots and lots of Vanilla Mint Listerine in the past. Oh no... not me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be praying my friend. I hate going under too:) You will be fine because you have prayer going before you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had dental surgery a few years ago and was so terrified. The images I had...oh the mind can be mean to us!

    The truth?

    They gave me two Ativan to chill me out. I remember laying on the table and my eyes drifting to a light in the corner and then a split second later they were calling my name - I was DONE. I don't even remember falling asleep. It was so fast.

    Don't let the fear take hold of you - everything will go well. I will be praying for you Kaleena.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In May I got my (6) wisdom teeth out, and I was scaaaared!!! SIX is a lot of teeth, but they gave me the meds, and I fell asleep, and I woke up in a little recovery room thingy lying on a bed singing along with the radio. I was a happy girl. With a lot of gauze in my mouth...that was yuuucky. lol...

    Drop all your worries at Jesus' feet and he will care for you. You know that, you have been through bigger trials then this, but I know it's always different when it is yourself instead of someone else. I will be praying so much for you my friend. Let us know how it goes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be praying for you. Sorry you have to go through this.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are ALWAYS appreciated, so PLEASE leave me some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails