Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

3/11/10

After Surgery

Surgery over. Mouth swollen. Hurts to talk. Tooth is gone now. Saying I feel like dying is an understatement. Still numb, but not numb enough. Jaw hurts, but will start to heal now. Infection still present where other tooth used to be (the one that fractured my jaw as it was pulled) Site where other teeth were removed last week opened back up. Feels like lots of stitches were used. So much blood. Ruined my shirt. Hoping my pain meds will be ready soon. Starting to hurt. Surgeon did much better with this than dentist did last week. Helps that I was knocked out though, I think. Very kind and christian surgeon. Comforting. Held my hand and prayed over me/with me before starting surgery. Gave me a BIG discount. Said nicely, this WAS caused by previous dental screw-up. Never going to see that other dentist ever again. This all could have been avoided. But not bitter. Just grateful to have found a good surgeon to fix it for me. Praising God that the pain will come to an end. Ready to finally be able to eat REAL FOOD/not soup. Glory given to God for leading me to the oral surgeon I met today. There are good God loving people in this world. Compassionate and caring. Feels like I met an angel today. And no, that's not the pain meds talking. Anesthesia made me sick. Going to sleep until I don't hurt anymore.
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. So glad this is over for you. Sorry to hear that this WAS caused by the other dentist - interesting that he would tell you, but good to know. I'm hoping that the pain medication is enough to keep you comfortable but not TOO much so you start calling everyone you know - LOL. Sleep my dear and hope you feel human soon. You did find an ANGEL today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been quite a while since I have been able to check your blog. Why does it not surprise me that there are more "things" going on in your life. lol I tell you what.... I sure do admire you. You are doing good. You could have flipped out by now, and locked the doors and shut the curtains, but you're still pressing on! You definitely need a break my friend. I'll be praying for God to give you a much needed break from all of the "stuff" in your life.

    Love to you,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying now that you heal quickly. So thankful that God lead you to this surgeon. That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you had to go through this, but so happy for you that it's finally over and you can get some relief. Ugh. What an ordeal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh K, I pray you are at the beginning of the end of this thing. I'm so thankful he was a Christian and was able to pray with you beforehand, that would be so important to me. At least now you know who to go to (or at least ask for recommendations) if any friends, family or children need dental work done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this was the best possible outcome for you! ow comforting to have him pray with you. Please know I am thinking of you and hope your pain will diminish now and you will be healed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad that now you can be on the mend....and hope it heals beautiful very fast.
    Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you feel better soon. Happy mothering sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are ALWAYS appreciated, so PLEASE leave me some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails